Have you ever seen the movie “Mad Hot ballroom”, when the teacher says: “He is developing to a very good dancer, he doesn’t know the language but if fits right in because everyone is supporting him and I see the prices of learning the dances, he is also learning the language”.
Here are the top 8 things you didn’t know about teaching kids Latin dance;
- Children not only learn the dances but also a whole new language.
- The passion in the music allows children to move freely with enthusiasm.
- Children respond in a fast way to Latin rhythms and exciting Latin choreography.
- “Merengue”, is one of the best dances to introduce children because of it’s simplicity.
- Certainly, the most common dance taught to children is the “salsa”.
- The “Cuban motion” helps children build their body balance and strengthen their equilibrium.
- “Move your hips”, it’s children favorite quote when learning Latin dance.
- The first move children love to learn in Latin dance is the “Shimmy, Shimmy”.
Because, El Ritmo knows the importance of teaching children Latin dance, we’re welcoming you to our next episodes of the month!